Want your home to look straight out of one of your favourite luxury magazines? Is it possible to do so without breaking the bank? YES! Use these 6 tricks to make your home look more expensive on a budget:
- Paint. The right colour can drastically improve your home’s aesthetic. Whether its simply painting the walls a fresh light colour, or freshening up cabinets, a coat of paint will do wonders!
- Floor to ceiling curtains. Give the illusion that you have bigger windows and taller ceilings by hanging your curtains high and picking out an elegant colour that will make a statement.
- Add moulding. Adding moulding creates drama, style and finishes the room nicely. You can add moulding to a feature wall, cabinets, a staircase or crown moulding throughout the home.
- Mirrors. Create the illusion of more space with a large mirror.
- Large area rug. A large area rug not only makes the space look bigger, it grounds the space and ties in all the elements.
- Lighting. Replace light fixtures throughout your home with more modern ones. Keep it consistent and simple. Even new light bulbs will drastically change the look of a space